IOSH Managing Safely Course
Learn about Health and Safety in the Workplace
Course Length: 4 days
* Limited to 2 attendees per company *
To arrange for an on-site course, you can give us a call on 01723 584250 or you can fill in the form below detailing your requirements so that we can send you an individual quotation.
This 4 day course covers the requirements for managers to help them understand health and safety within the workplace, assess risk and provide adequate safety training. The course is run in accordance with the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health.
Who Should Attend
Managers and supervisors who are responsible for health and safety and assessing and managing risk within the workplace.
Aims and Objectives
This is a four day course run in accordance with the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and will give you the knowledge and skills to be classed as 'competent' to assess and control risk and manage the multiple health and safety issues within the workplace. The course covers a full range of common workplace hazards.
- To understand and apply the basic principles of managing health and safety
- To assess risk within the workplace and apply effective control measures
- To ensure adequate training and safety information is available
- To set health and safety objectives and to plan effectively
- To be able to investigate the causes of accidents and take appropriate action
- To be aware of employers responsibilities to employees and others
The assessment of this course is based upon a multi-choice examination paper and a project based on the delegates own workplace. Successful completion of the programme will lead to an IOSH Managing Safely Certificate.
The course covers the following topics:
- Safety Management – Basic management principles and practises that apply to health and safety issues. Setting achievable health and safety objectives and planning to achieve these objectives.
- Reactive Monitoring – Awareness of the legal requirements for reporting and effectively investigating accidents.
- Risk Assessment – Identifying hazards and potential risks and applying appropriate control measures.
- Active Monitoring – Applying effective means of monitoring data.
- Review and Audit
- Health and Safety Legislation – Codes of practice and relevant legislation.
- Workplace Hazards – Such as Work Equipment, Noise, Manual and Mechanical Handling, Fire and Electricity, Housekeeping, Permits-to-Work, Chemicals and Substances, Display Screen Equipment, Construction, Confined Spaces and Food Safety.
What You Will Achieve
Delegates will be awarded the IOSH Managing Safely certificate on successful completion of the course. Certificates are issued by IOSH approximately 10-12 weeks after the course ending.
What our delegates say
"Good course- very informative- lecturer knows his stuff and has a good teaching manor...."
Nicholas Carr, Magnox
26th Nov 2015
HAVS and Whole Body
"Good course to give you a sound knowledge of HAVS and associated issues...."
Daryl smallman, Grange Fencing Limited
12th May 2015
HAVS In A Day
"Enjoyed the course, gave me the knowledge that I needed to feel competent to both conducting hearing meas..."
Gillian Vellam, GPS PE PIPE System
3rd Oct 2017
Noise At Work
"Ethically driven, informative course. Has given me the confidence to perform a survey and produce a compl..."
David Ackerncey, Mistras Group
17th May 2016
EMF In A Day
"Really good course, very informative and interesting, will be usefull for me in future when companies are..."
Andrew Beevers, HS Direct
20th May 2014
HAVS In A Day