Practical Air Sampling for COSHH Competent Course
What is the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health?
Cost Per Person: £975.00 (£1170.00 inc VAT)
Quote available on request.
Course Length: 3 days
To arrange for an on-site course, you can give us a call on 01723 584250 or you can fill in the form below detailing your requirements so that we can send you an individual quotation.
The Personal Air Sampling and COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) Competent Person Course covers detailed information about current COSHH Regulations and the basics of air sampling and monitoring for dust, gas and vapours in the workplace.
Who Should Attend
The COSHH Regulations (which apply to all EU companies) includes a requirement for employers to carry out an assessment of the risks presented to their employees through exposure to hazardous substances. Clearly some companies will have more an issue than others and will need to take measurements of the exposure levels in order to complete this assessment. This course is for any company that may have such a need. Health and Safety personnel, manufacturing staff or engineers are all potential attendees although no previous experience is required so the course will suit anyone who can fulfil the role of a competent person.
Aims and Objectives
The course is designed to provide the skills necessary for compliance with COSHH regulations. The practical nature of the course means plenty of hands-on experience to complement the theory, the basics of air sampling and monitoring for dust, gases and vapours will be studied as well as a close look at the regulations and their impact. Looking at control measures is a very important issue and the experience of the delegates and lecturer is drawn upon here. On completion of the course the attendees will be able to develop and carry out a monitoring programme appropriate to their own company requirements.
- To look in-depth at the Regulations and associated Approves Codes of Practise
- To give an insight into the effects of hazardous substances on people
- To facilitate an understanding of the basics of air sampling and monitoring
- To develop an understanding of the various sampling methods available, such that an appropriate monitoring strategy can be drawn up to suit individual company situations
- To give a practical insight into air sampling and monitoring
- To show how sample results should be interpreted for compliance with the Regulations taking into account any relevant Workplace Exposure Limits
- To provide an overview of potential control measures
- To enable delegates to determine when more specialist help may be required and to provide information on the various types of help currently available
- To equip delegates with the knowledge and skills required to write a competent assessment report
- To give a brief introduction into the associated field of exhaust stack emissions monitoring where monitoring techniques similar to those used for personal air sampling are often used.
The course consists of 2 modules, which are structured in the following way.
Module 1 Three Day Course
The syllabus for module 1 will include an overview of the requirements of the COSHH Regulations, Workplace Exposure Limits, sampling methodologies, control techniques and reporting protocols. There is a heavy practical element to the course to provide experience of measurement and sampling techniques as well as familiarisation with instrumentation and sampling equipment.
Module 2 COSHH risk assessment report
The report is to be produced by delegates of the three-day seminar and can either be based on data taken from the course or from measurements and assessments made at work. This project forms the basis for assessment of the course and is marked by your tutor. A certificate is then awarded on successful completion.
Interested in this course?
Enter your details below and any queries you may have and our Training Manager will be in touch shortly.
What our delegates say
"Stephen was really good, enjoyed the course did need three days to cover everything...."
Vince Allen, Castle Group Limited
29th Nov 2011
Noise At Work
"I found the training course well put together and enjoyed the training. The maths seamed complicated but..."
Andy Drake, ATS Euromaster
8th Apr 2014
Air Sampling and Gas Detection
"Enjoyed the course, a lot of information but well well delivered so easy to understand...."
Chris Glasel, Broads Authority
4th Nov 2015
Noise In A Day
"Well Presented and Delivered. Friendly and helpful trainer..."
Mandy Brookes, North Lincolshire Coucil
5th Apr 2016
Noise In A Day
"Great course, very educational...."
Ashley Grainger, SSE at Keadby
8th Jun 2017
Noise In A Day