Noise at Work One Day Course
Making Noise Assessments Easy & Preventing Claims
Course Length: 1 day
* Limited to 2 attendees per company *
To arrange for an on-site course, you can give us a call on 01723 584250 or you can fill in the form below detailing your requirements so that we can send you an individual quotation.
What's the aim of the course?
Assessing the risk of Noise in work is mandated by law. This course is dedicated to educating responsible persons to a level where they can effectively comply with the Control of Noise Regulations 2005.
Who Are These Courses For?
This course is designed for anyone with “Safety”, “Health” or “Environment” in their job title or description.
We have a proven record that in these three short days we will not only make your job easier, but also the work that you carry out more effective. Helping you provide a safer workplace at less risk of claims and Local Authority intervention.
What do we cover?
- An introduction to Sound and Acoustics
- How Noise affects humans
- Health surveillance and how to carry out audiometric testing
- The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 overview
- Defending and mitigating claims
- Sound Level Meters and a practical on how to make measurements
- Monitoring employee exposure to noise
- Hearing protection Controlling noise
What Will You Learn?
- The best practices for using instruments
- Taking accurate measurements
- Some background to the science
- An insight into legislation & standards
- Measurement practice and assessment hints & tips
- A Castle Certificate of Attendance
- CPD Points
- Hard Copy of Course Notes
What our delegates say
"A fantastic course, tutor + venue! I now feel 'competant' at noise..."
Paul Riordan, Huntsman Pigments & Additives
26th Jan 2016
Noise At Work
"Very good. Excellent informative course, good pace, not rushed, made very welcome, would recommend and is..."
Paul Ingham, UBU Environmental Ltd
7th Feb 2017
HAVS and Whole Body
"Good experience ? beneficial to my role as training & customers on using HAV/WBV meters. A wealth of kno..."
Niamh O'Meatra, Assoft/Svantek UK
25th Mar 2014
HAVS and Whole Body
"A very interesting course explaining the technical workings of the ear, how to protect them and how to us..."
Nicholas Probert, SSE at Keadby
8th Jun 2017
Noise In A Day
"Very useful and gained the knowledge I requir to continue with monitoring in the place of work. Welcomin..."
Karl Taylor, Innospec Limited
21st Apr 2015
Air Sampling and Gas Detection